This dish was not only easy to make, but delicous and minimal cleanup. My 4 year old got to help with the majority of making it and the girls loved the pocket aspect so much.
- 1 large can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 4-5 green onions, diced small
- 3 heaping Tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic or 1 clove fresh, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- handful of cilantro, chopped up
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- salt & pepper
- pita pockets
In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas into flaky bits. Add all ingredients and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste (add a pinch at a time until seasoning is right).
Slice pita bread in half and split open into pockets. Add sliced tomato along one side and fill with curried chickpea.